At the Baba Tree, we provide good ole customer service while providing hand woven baskets that are of highest quality available from Bolgatanga, Ghana.
We make every effort possible to ensure that your order arrives as swiftly as possible, complete, gorgeous and without damage.
If there is an issue with your order, please do not hesitate to contact us so that we can rectify it.
- You will receive the exact basket pictured when you purchase from the Baba Tree store online.
- Please note image colours displayed on every device are subject to your screen colour calibration.
- Some baskets may require shaping once you receive them. To reshape basket, submerge in water to wet basket (Do not get the leather handles wet), reshape basket and let dry.
CUSTOMER SERVICE CONTACT
There are two ways that you can contact us:
Email: salesatbabatree [at] gmail [dot] com
Store hours: Monday to Friday 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM GMT
Our return policy is effective for 7 days after you receive your purchase.
There are 3 reasons for which you can apply for a refund:
- you received the wrong basket(s) (not the basket(s) that you ordered)
- your basket(s) sustained damage whilst being shipped.
A high quality photo of the damaged basket(s) and a high quality photo of each of the six sides of the shipping box must be sent to us within 7 days of receiving your order.
- your basket was defective (or was damaged through packing) and we didn’t notice it before it was shipped
Once we have ascertained that the basket(s) was indeed damaged during shipping – or before it was shipped (and through shipping thousands of baskets over the years, we are very good at identifying damage sustained through shipping, or not) we can start the process of a return.
However, it is possible that the Baba Tree might come up with an alternative solution that would serve both the Baba Tree, and it’s customer, that would be quicker, more efficient and satisfying--in lieu of a refund.
- To complete your return, we require a receipt showing proof of purchase.
- Return shipping of the damage basket(s) (or the wrong basket(s) received) to the Baba Tree in Bolgatanga, Ghana, will be paid for by the Baba Tree.
Refunds are not available for
- damage to your basket(s) after delivery
- claims being made more than 7 days after delivery.
In the unlikely event of a handle breaking on our ‘’Nyariga, Oval, Laundry or Round baskets’’ during reasonable use ( ie; not using them to carry concrete blocks or transmissions from very small cars) for six months after you purchased the basket, we would be delighted to replace the basket for you free of charge.
This solution does not extend to our ‘’Pot Baskets’’ – the handles on our Pot Baskets are not strong and the basket itself is recommended for use as an ‘object’ or for storage.
After considering other alternatives, or solutions, that could create customer satisfaction and your refund is approved, then your refund will be processed, and a credit will automatically be applied to your credit card or original method of payment, within 5 business days.
Late or missing refunds
If you haven’t received a refund yet (after 5 days from notice of approval)
- First check your bank account again.
- Then contact your credit card company. It may take some time before your refund is officially posted.
- Next, contact your bank. There is often some processing time before a refund is posted.
- If you’ve done all of this and you still have not received your refund yet, please contact us at thebabatree [at] gmail [dot] com.