A. Re-shaping your Baba Tree basket
Hello! Thank you for purchasing a Baba Tree basket!
Are you surprised at the shape that your basket has come in? Well, it is very easy to re-shape, and will only require a few minutes of your time to bring the basket back to its former glory. First up...
- Grab the handle, and with your other hand push out the basket from the bottom centre. Don’t be afraid to use a bit of elbow grease, for the baskets are very resilient.
- Fill your bathtub, deep sink, or a deep container with cool water.
- Immerse the basket in the water, up to just above the coil (rim) – do not get water on the leather. If the weather is nice, you can take the basket outside and spray it with your garden hose. Avoid spraying the leather.
- Hold the basket in the water for about 60 seconds, or more. Then pull the basket out of the water, shaking off the excess water.
- Let the basket sit for a couple of minutes to allow water to penetrate the straw.
- process by pushing the basket base against the floor while holding onto the coil.
- Allow to dry, undisturbed, out of the sun in a dry place.
- Please do your best to use the water to water a tree or a plant.
- The dyes on our baskets are susceptible to fading in the sun.
B. How to clean your Baba Tree Basket
Scrub any marks gently with a fine bristled brush, a little warm water and a gentle soap. Allow to dry in a well ventilated area out of the sun.