Canadian Retail Customers
Shipping and Payments
We ship our orders through DHL
Payments can be made through Visa, Mastercard, Apple Pay, and PayPal through our Canadian banking institution.
ZONE 1 - CANADA, USA, EUROPE, AFRICA
$17.50 USD per basket
Free Shipping for orders over $450.00 USD
Additional taxes and duties may apply at upon delivery.
Canadian Customer Discount
You will be charged GST / PST or HST on your purchases. However, you will also be charged 5% GST (on the invoiced amount and 3% duty) by the CBSA for 'importing' this basket.
The Baba Tree does not want you to assume this extra GST therefore you will receive a 5% discount on this purchase in order to cover the cost of the 'import' GST.
IMPORTANT: Please use the discount code CANADA5Discount at checkout to apply this 5% discount to your purchase.
To claim the CANADA5Discount, you must create an account.
Thank you for trading with the Baba Tree - providers of the highest quality, most fairly traded baskets from Bolgatanga, Ghana.
- Once you have placed your order, we will send you an email confirming that we have received your order.
- All orders go through a credit card approval process. Orders are not released for shipment until this verification is complete.
- Please note: this can effect the shipment delivery time.
- When your order is shipped, you will receive an email confirmation of shipping and an email receipt.
- We will furnish you with a DHL tracking number ASAP
- To determine when you will receive your order, please note that credit card authorization and verification must be received before we can process your order.
- Depending on your location, you will receive your order in about a week
Average delivery time for orders shipped to Canada is about a week through DHL.
Documentation / Customs / Quarantine
For Customs purposes, all shipments will be accompanied by either a ‘Statement of Origin,’ or a ‘Certificate of Origin’ showing that the baskets are 100% made in Ghana.
The Baba Tree cannot take responsibility for any charges, brokerage fees or duties (if any) incurred when your shipment enters your country.
For Canada, a 3% - 6.5% duty is levied depending on which way the wind is blowing or whether the CBSA agent burnt their mouth while drinking their Timmy's. Sometimes orders get through with no duties being charged.
- The Baba Tree will not take responsibility for any costs incurred if your shipment is subjected to quarantine inspections that result in your shipment having to be treated with a form of insecticide. With the exception of Australia, New Zealand and Chile, no other country that we have shipped to, thus far, has subjected our products to quarantine insecticide treatments.
- Additionally, we will not assume responsibility--financially, or in any other way, if your shipment is not allowed into the country in which you reside--with the result being that your order is shipped back to Ghana.
- If you are not sure about your country’s customs / quarantine laws, then we suggest that you contact your local customs office to find out more information.